Monday, January 5, 2009

Review of 2008 :)

Took this from Sara's blog... thanks Sara :)

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?

Quit a job, take a long trip (k, wait, I've done that before) by myself with the kids (yep, that too) take "maternity leave", and probably lots of other things... sent a child to activities by themselves... interesting year!

2. Did you keep your New Years’ Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I didn't really make any resolutions, the goals I made I didn't quite keep. (finishing Nathanael's stocking, stressing less was better... working out was better... I think this coming year I will try and worry less and do more with the kids and my husband. I know we already do a lot, but what is more important?

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Yup! Myself, a friend in Colorado, a friend in New Jersey, a sister in law in Missouri, a sister in law in Oregon, some friends here too. One the same week as me in the same hospital! Isn't a new baby a miracle? We had Christopher in March.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Yes. Not close personally, but someone I saw a lot. Our OBGYN died in August. He delivered Samuel, Timothy and Christopher. It was sad news.

5. What countries did you visit?

Just the good old USA, and we saw a lot of it this year. We drove all of route 40 from Texas to California, and meandered through the rest of the west as well, on the way home.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?

Time to enjoy my family. Better finances, but it could always be better, right? Time to see our extended family as well.

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

May 2008 when my daughter Emilie was baptized and Christopher was blessed. My parents and grandmother were able to be here. We also got a 12 passenger van.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Getting through the year? Driving by myself to New Mexico with 7 kids? Driving from California through Utah and Colorado to Texas by myself with 7 kids? Getting the kids excited about Math? Helping Nathanael learn how to read? I am happy with all my family has accomplished this year and am happy to have had some small part in each of their progress.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Not trusting my Heavenly Father more.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Not really, though I have some aches and pains that I can't explain? We all got sick a few times.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Our 12 passenger van. Maybe the laptop, too.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Michael got his 1st class in Boy Scouts as well as multiple merit badges. Benjamin earned his Bear and arrow points. Emilie made a hat, a pillow, learned how to bake, and has developed into a great reader. Nathanael is reading well and writing too. Samuel learned how to use the computer and write his name. Timothy said a word, can get on the counter himself, and help throw away stuff. Christopher learned to crawl, clap, roll over, and kind of stand. Tom got a promotion and fixed the bath faucet. I'm stressing less and we're all getting our food storage going better. We're doing better with scripture study and family prayer (more like daily now than ever before!) We're eating healthy. We're working together. The whole family is worth a celebration!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

You know, I don't think we'll go there. Let's focus on the positive. Let's say noone I know in person :)

14. Where did most of your money go?

Mortgage, debt, and Walmart (groceries are good!)

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

12 passenger van, trip to California, and kids learning :)

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?

"If the Savior Stood Beside Me"

Click link to see, click here to hear.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?

happier

ii. thinner or fatter?

lol, thinner. I was 6 months pregnant last January!

iii. richer or poorer?

slightly richer?

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

playing with the kids, reading with the kids, reading my scriptures, serving others

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

worrying.

20. How did you spend Christmas?

happy spending time with my children and husband. playing, mostly :)

21. What online users did you meet?

None. I've met some before but did not meet anyone this year.

23. What was your favorite TV program?

We watched a lot of TV on DVD. Psyche, Eureka, Numb3rs, we love 24 and are anxiously awaiting the new season...

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

I don't think I hate anyone. Not worth the energy. Sure, some people annoy me, some people do things that are downright despicable, but hate? No.

26. What was the best book you read?

The Book of Mormon? I reread a lot of books, the best new book I read was Brisingr, Beedle the Bard was interesting... I'm reading Neal A. Maxwell's biography.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?

A capella groups on youtube and elsewhere. Just great. Here's a favorite. Moosebutter is awesome.

28. What did you want and get?

A big van that fit all of us :) A happy baby. A good year with us.

29. What did you want and not get?

More for Emilie than me, but a baby sister for her. I'm good. She may get a sister one of these days. That's all I can think of. That I will post about anyway lol.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?

Wall-E, I love anything Pixar.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

Taught in Relief Society, went visiting teaching, kids stayed home sick with Tom... had cake and chicken broccoli, was a good day. Other than sick family, that is. Oh, and I was 34.

32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Snow. That stuck.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?

Jeans, t-shirts, worn out tennis shoes.

34. What kept you sane?

My husband and kiddos. I like Sara's answers, scriptures, prayer, the computer. My sister.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

None

36. What political issue stirred you the most?

Prop 8 in California.

37. Who did you miss?

I missed my extended family. I got to see a lot of family on my trip though. Not one of my sisters in law or one of my nephews, but everyone else! It was very very cool.

38. Who was the best new person you met?

My son. My niece in law? What would you call your nephew's wife? haha. My sisters coworkers. New members at church.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.

Stress less, enjoy more time with your family. I guess trust our Heavenly Father a lot more and things always work out. Look for the good in people.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

Shoulder to Shoulder from Pooh's Heffalump Movie

"I think I feel more like myself
When I'm with you..."

listen here

1 comment:

  1. Cool! Thanks for sharing. I admire your energy and positive attitude about everything.

    ReplyDelete