Monday, September 24, 2012

September 22nd 366 challenge


9/22/12

I had the amazing opportunity to go to St. Louis this weekend (September 21st and 22nd) and attend Time Out For Women, which is a weekend of LDS speakers and music and inspiring us to "Seek the GOOD!".  The really wonderful thing is that next Saturday, we have the leaders of the church speaking to just the women at a special conference, and then the next weekend is the General Conference of the church.  I feel so blessed to have 3 weekends in a row of such spiritual enrichment.

Anyway, my friend Breezi and I went up to talk to the LDS singing group Mercy River .  Juliana immediately caught their attention and the person who had my camera got this picture.  I do have a picture of all 6 of us actually looking at the camera but this was the highlight of my day!  I love their music, and have ever since hearing a clip on the Time Out for Women youtube page about one of their children being hurt and how our Heavenly Father loves the prayers where we are pleading with him for our children and pouring out our hearts in need of his comfort, just like her little guy was wanting his mom to comfort him.  The song I first heard was "Better than a Hallelujah."  Since then, I've fallen in love with many of their songs and want to hear more.  Hearing them at TOFW was so wonderful, and everything else was also uplifting and inspiring! 

Time Out for Women is coming to Kansas City next year and I really would like to go again, it was that good!  I just feel refreshed spiritually and ready to take on the world.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool! I love TOFW. I went to one in Denver and last year they came to New Zealand, it was awesome. I love how inspiring it is. So cool about Mercy River! Glad you got to go!

    ReplyDelete