Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thankful day 12

Friday I was thankful for rain. I was hearing about flooding in Amarillo (where we moved from most recently) and hail and snow, and we were getting rain all day and listening to the sound and enjoying the smell, and hearing about the weather in places our other friends and family live. We are getting our roof replaced from the last big storm that blew through here in Kansas City so I hope it doesn't rain next week but I sure am grateful for the rain right now. It makes everything clean and beautiful. It keeps the grass growing in the spring and summer. It clears the air.

I love rain.

My husband laughs at me because I remember growing up and thinking that rain reminded me of Christmas. Only in Southern California. :) I remember one rainy December day coming home from school and my mom lighting a fire in the fireplace and warming up and doing my homework by the Christmas tree... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment