Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful day 4

Today I am thankful for answers to prayer. There are some prayers that are urgent and immediate and you remember saying them. Some prayers are repeated often, like for good health and safety...

A little after 7 this morning, Tom calls me and says, "Well, I'm glad we prayed for safety this morning!" and proceeds to tell me of the accident that missed him (and that he swerved out of the way) by a foot or less.

We don't always get to see the results of our prayers. We don't always get an idea of "what if we hadn't...". Today is one of the days we did. Tom was able to make it safely to work without incident, though with a lot of adrenaline after such a narrow miss.

The major interstates of downtown Kansas City were probably in a snarl for a while this morning after the accident that he narrowly missed. I truly hope everyone was alright. Tom says traffic was not at full speed, so there were probably no injuries, just delays. I am still thankful that my husband made it through without incident. Our little miracle car is still up and running (anything hitting it would have totaled it, I think.)

I am very thankful today for answered prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment