It's been quite the year. Here we are at the end of 2014.
There's been a lot of growing this year.
Ginny knows how to walk now. We have three permit drivers. Jules is potty trained. But that's not all I'm talking about. I'm so proud of my family.
- In January, Samuel turned 10, Michael served a mini-mission, there was a Pinewood Derby, lots of illness, and Ginny started walking.
- In February, Ginny turned 1 and Emilie spent time in St. Louis with family.
- In March, Nathanael turned 12, Christopher turned 7, and spring seemed to start as we tried to start our garden.
- In April, we had Michael's Eagle Court of Honor, Emilie turned 15, Juliana turned 3, the Worlds of Fun season started (Michael and Benjamin work there for Kaman's), and we headed out to Utah for a trip to see family and friends and the Payson Temple open house.
- In May, we came home from our trip, Emilie also got a job with Kaman's at Worlds of Fun, and Benjamin left for Scout Camp as staff, which would last all summer. Oh, and it rained alllll summer long. Michael graduated from high school, too.
- In June, we finally planted our garden only to have groundhogs decimate it (and deer... and squirrels...), we missed Benjamin, we had Cub Scout Day Camp as well as Young Women camp which ended early due to violent storms.
- In July, our washer and dryer died, we got to see Benjamin for a short time as he came home for 4th of July, Emilie and Michael both went on mini-missions, Youth Conference for Michael, Benjamin, Emilie and Dad in Nauvoo, Illinois, Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-Fil-A, Scout Camp for Nathanael, and had lots of fun... crazy busy!
- In August, Benjamin came home for good, we replaced the alternator in the van to FINALLY fix the battery problems, we gained an organ (musical) and a ukulele in addition to the trumpet, viola, guitar and piano we already have going here, and just tried to recover from July.
- In September, we started a new homeschool school year with Benjamin in 11th grade, Emilie in 10th grade, Nathanael in 7th grade, Samuel in 5th grade, Timothy in 3rd grade, Christopher in 2nd grade, Liberty in 1st grade, and two hangers-on. We freed two monarchs. We canned jalapeños and salsa. (not a lot of produce this year between animals, being late and too much rain)
- In October Benjamin turned 17 and we learned that Michael got accepted to BYU-I AND BYU. He will defer going to BYU until after his mission, but SO exciting for us as homeschoolers AND for him because that's where he wanted to attend! We had fun with Halloween as well.
- In November, Liberty turned 6, Timothy turned 9 and Michael turned 19. Michael's mission papers got turned in even though some additional things needed done before they were finalized in December. We traveled to Washington, Illinois for the first time since the tornado destroyed much of the town in November 2013. We were there for Thanksgiving and enjoyed seeing family. Emilie finished her Nanowrimo novel.
- In December, we celebrated the birth of our Savior and the end of another year. Michael submitted his mission papers and Benjamin got work started on his Eagle project as well as starting another new job. Tom and I also celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary. I still like him.
What will 2016 bring?
- For sure, a mission call. Sometime in the next 2-3 weeks.
- A missionary leaving. We don't know when or where, but we know he's going. *sniff*
- Another Eagle Scout project. Earlier than later.
- Another Eagle Scout Court of Honor. Party!
- Samuel turning 11 and going from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts
- Nathanael turning 13 and having another teenager, our 4th so far.
- Nathanael growing taller than me. It was supposed to be 2015, but he missed by half an inch.
- Ginny turning 2. Another era of my life is coming to a close with each year that goes by without a baby. She's getting so big!
- Samuel's first Scout Camp. (11 year old Scout Camp)
- Christopher turning 8, and thus, being able to be baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.'
- Christopher starting Cub Scouts!
- Tom's 4th year directing Cub Scout Day Camp, with this year being in a new location with a new district.
- Juliana turning 4 in April, and starting Primary this weekend (no longer being in Nursery! My 9th Sunbeam!)
- Emilie turning 16... and whatever that means. Watch out.
- Benjamin turning 18. Wow! Another adult son.
- Scout Camp for Nathanael, and Scout Camp staff for Benjamin again.
- A Worlds of Fun season without Michael working there. Benjamin and Emilie probably will.
- At least one or two children getting their drivers license. We'll see about the third.
- Liberty turning 7. One more year until Activity Days for Girls!
- Timothy turning 10. All great milestones, in Cub Scouts, at church, and in school.
- Another year of Seminary and school.
- Another year of going to the temple and church and all the service opportunities there.
- Michael turning 20, in the mission field most likely. I can't believe I've been his mom that long.
- Living here 6 years, or, longer than we've lived anywhere, even Texas.
- and whatever else the Lord has in store for us!