Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Fall...

Ever since I had a child who could read the calendar, the change of seasons has been fun. We've learned the months, the seasons, the days of the week, the holidays, etc. It's a wonderful part of homeschooling.

This year I have a complaint to file. Every year, with every child, I've stressed that just because the calendar says it's spring, summer, fall or winter, that doesn't mean you expect flowers and no more cold weather that day in March, or nice warm temperatures and getting to wear shorts on June 21st, or the leaves changing color and wearing sweatshirts in September, or snow on December 21st (my birthday, which is always cool...).

This year it's Nathanael and Samuel learning dates and paying more attention to seasonal changes and I've stressed how these changes are gradual as the earth changes its angle toward the sun and the weather gradually gets cooler.

Yesterday it was 80.

Today it is 45.

I am losing all credibility here, come on.

Here in Texas, especially in the panhandle, if you don't like the weather, wait a minute.

It will be 80 again in a few days but today, the first day of fall, we look at the thermometer and it shows 45...

I am loving it. However, I'm laughing at myself. It's good for you, try it.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. The first few days of fall here have been very wintery with snow and 30 degree weather, sigh... Go away snow, not ready for you yet! :-)

    ReplyDelete