Saturday, January 2, 2010

Michael is 13... we have a teenager!




A month ago, Michael turned 13... yeah, this post took a while.



Michael is our oldest. He was born a month early over 13 years ago, very very tiny but such an easy baby to take care of! He was happy all the time as long as he was fed and got some sleep. This was good for two parents in school and Tom working multiple jobs. Michael even came to a lot of my classes with me, even though we had worked out our schedule so we could trade off baby time. Friends and family watched him as I did my student teaching, but when I was done I became a stay at home mom and Michael and I have spent a lot of time together in the 12 years since.He is now a wonderful young man that I enjoy spending that time with. He is in 7th grade now, but in Advanced Algebra and advanced in other subjects as well. He likes the History topics we are studying- ancient Rome and various American History as well. He enjoys Legos, Playstation 2 games, drawing, and a whole lot of other things. He has a lot of talents and great help in our large family as well. He is Star rank in Boy Scouts and working hard on his Life rank. He has a goal to earn his Eagle rank in the next few years.
We are so proud of him and glad to have him in our family!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Michael! Good Luck with the Teenager Mom and Dad!

    ReplyDelete