Thursday, January 27, 2011

Monsters under the bed...


Christopher (3 in March) has been coming to us lately telling us there are monsters under his bed. Where he got this, I don't know. I do know his imagination has been growing in leaps and bounds lately, and not always in pace with his vocabulary.




"Mom, there monsters under my bed."
"Christopher, those are trains, it's ok."
"Ok Mom."




"There monsters under my bed!"
"Christopher, are you talking about Cookie Monster? Are they nice monsters?"
"Oh, yeah, Mom, they nice."




"Mom! Dad! There monsters under my bed!"
"Christopher, it's ok. Remember, they are nice monsters."
"No, they not nice, they bite JoJo." (JoJo the clown from Disney.)
"JoJo can tell the monsters to go away."
(high squeaky voice) "Go away monsters!" (normal voice) "Ok, dey gone."




"There monsters under my bed! Monsters!"
"It's just the pieces of Mr. Potato Head. See, eyes, arms, feet... "
"What? Hee hee"




"Mom! Monsters under my bed!"
"Christopher, they are chocolate monsters. Go eat them."
"They chocolate? Chocolate monsters?" (giggle) "Ok mom."




"There scary monsters under my bed!" "Mom!" "Mom!" "Mom!" "Dad?"
Mom- "Christopher, no, there aren't any monsters. See?"
"Oh, yeah. Ok."




"There monsters under my bed, Mom! Dad! Help me!"
"Uhoh. Better get Dad."
Dad- "Rawr!"
Lots of laughter. Giggles.

1 comment: