Monday, June 13, 2011

June 13th 365 challenge


6/13/11

Someone is very proud of himself.  Today's score is (first day) successes: 20  misses: 5.  We'll try again tomorrow.  He actually caught on fairly quickly compared to some of my other kiddos.  He woke up not wanting to do this... (I've been telling him for a few days that today was the day... no more diapers!) but came around quickly.  We do try when they ask, but when I know they're ready, and they know they're ready, we just jump in with both feet and get it over with in a day or so.  Back to one in diapers :)

This is boy #6 and child #7 we've potty trained (ok, I mean, "I've" potty trained).  I think we do ok at it, overall.  Noone is stressed out, it's over quickly, and the kids are pretty excited to be big kids when we're 'done'. 

My mom said she loved everything about parenting other than potty training and drivers training.  Later this year, we'll get to take a peek at that second one...  YIKES.

2 comments:

  1. And I thought I had it bad with how often I have to go to the bathroom . . . 25 times in one day? That boy deserves a medal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We probably over stickered the chart lol. However, with the first day (with other kids we did more than one day... Christopher is a champ!) we REWARDED with drinks... thus reinforcing the concept. Two of the accidents weren't um wet. Plus, I think it takes a few days to figure out how to empty fully :) He's actually had ZERO accidents since Monday.

    ReplyDelete