Sunday, January 4, 2015

365 Joys- January 3rd, 2015


IMG_3806


1/3/15

This is one of my favorite Christmas gifts.  I collect Nativities.  It didn't start out that way.  My sister or parents gave me a Nativity early in our marriage and it was a cute little one with small children as the people in the scene.  It's been very well loved and a few of the pieces are chipped and scratched, but they've held up very well! 

I bought a second one the first year Fisher Price made a Little People nativity.  (the non noisy one!)  Since then, as I've found more and been given more of these precious Christmas decorations (and reminders), I've seen a theme... they are all child oriented.  So it is my favorite collection... my child-themed Nativity sets.  They bring me joy each year.  I'll have to post pictures of the others as I put them away, but here is the one Tom gave me for Christmas this year.

The pieces velcro to the stable, so some of the kids (and I) have put the donkey and the cow on the walls or roof and called them spidercow, spider donkey, etc.  All in fun.  Another fun addition.


No comments:

Post a Comment