Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thankful day 13

Today I'm thankful for family. I'm thankful for my parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, siblings, nephews, nieces, inlaws, and my own children. I'm thankful for church family, which has expanded over the year as we've lived in so many different wards (congregations) and have kept friends from these places even as we move on... I'm thankful for my online friends who are also my family. I'm thankful for friends that I just don't know yet, who will be my family. I'm thankful for the family I don't know, either because of distance in miles or distance in time.

I miss my grandma, I don't get to see her often, she's in Nevada and I've been in Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas and Missouri. I miss my Papa, he died right before I graduated from high school and left for college. I miss my other grandparents who have passed on since then. I miss my son. However, I know I will see them again someday and that helps on the bad days.

What I try NOT to miss is the opportunities I have now, in this life, to build the relationships I have with my children, husband, and other members of my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment