Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thankful day 19

Today (yesterday) I'm thankful for fall. I grew up in a climate that didn't have fall or winter. Sure, we called it that but putting leaves on the walls and windows and pumpkins everywhere didn't change the fact that I lived in southern California where we had no seasons. At least no CHANGE of seasons. I loved when I went to school at BYU and enjoyed my first real fall (other than just quick vacations away from home for Thanksgiving and such). Since then it has become my favorite season. I still love snow best of all but not always winter... winter is sometimes a favorite, sometimes second favorite. Fall is great with the cooler weather, no ice (yet), crunchy leaves, and Halloween and Thanksgiving to enjoy. Yes, even in Texas we lived in an area with 4 definite seasons. Ohio and Pennsylvania were my favorites but Missouri has had some beautiful fall colors. At least when we were able to get out and enjoy them between illnesses.

I love fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment