Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful day 18

Today I am thankful for neighbors. In Utah it meant someone who you talked to at church, or had a block party with and let the kids run around with in the yard. I'm remembering the Ballads in Provo, and our 3 neighbors in our 4-plex in Orem. In Kentucky I'm remembering the guy next door who was never home, and the other ones that had little kids like we did. In Ohio I remember the people in our complex that stole our deliveries and our Thanksgiving decorations... wait. Not thankful for that but for those that let us know. In eastern Ohio I'm thinking of the librarians 2 doors down. The library was two doors down. Homeschool family's dream. In Pennsylvania I'm thinking of the guys at the lumberyard across the field that helped us drain our flooding basement. In Texas I'm thinking of all those at church, the nice people across the street, the kids' friends in the four houses on either side, and now in Missouri, all the "Tom"s on all sides lol, Ed next door who we were friends with but he passed away last week, and the friends we're making here.

We have had some great neighbors. Growing up, Tom and I had great neighbors too who still remember us and we've found on facebook or talked to when we go to California or Illinois to visit.

You know who you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment