Monday, February 13, 2012

Uncomfortable Blessings

I don't know if it is because of the two miscarriages last year and how it seems longer between babies than my other pregnancies, but this pregnancy I am really aware of each and every day.  This pregnancy, more so than with others, stories have come to my attention about babies dying in the womb, being born still, cord accidents, and near misses.  That kind of thing.  It definitely changes how I view certain discomforts.

For example, the little nudge that feels like it broke my tailbone.  (one of my kids definitely bruised it!)  Or the rollover that took my breath away.  Or the kicks that make my heart skip a beat (literally) or start racing.  Or the push that almost dislocates a rib.  At least she's still making her presence known.  Even the movements that make me race for the bathroom or hurt enough to cause tears to fall are blessings.  This, too, shall pass, and hopefully sometime in April (or March)  this baby will be here in my arms instead of just below my heart.  Sometimes causing it to hurt physically.  Always tied to it emotionally.  Along with my other 9 blessings in disguise.  Forever!

2 comments:

  1. Yep those discomforts really are a blessing. And in hindsight the 9 months do seem to go rather quickly. You forget about all the pains and aches the minute they are in your arms that's for sure. Nothing like a brand new baby in your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaargh! I'm sorry it is so hard. I was just there, and I can still remember being willing to do just about anything to feel better! Your attitude is great. I'm sure blessings must be showering on you as a result. :)

    ReplyDelete