Sunday, August 12, 2012

Juliana Faith's birthday!

Last birthday post until Benjamin turns 14, I promise.  I just realized I never did post about Jules' birthday!

I usually deliver (when all goes well and on my own...) around 39 1/2 weeks.  We joked that it would be funny if this actually happened ON Emilie's birthday, which was approximately 39 1/2 weeks...

I was in and out of labor some of February, all of March and into April, so any day could have been it.

I do not know the morning of any day whether I will have a baby that day... or not.  And late at night, I won't know for sure until 11:30 pm whether or not baby will come that day.

So anyway, I was having a normal day for Emilie, I forget who helped me make her cake, but we had a good day.  I rested for a bit in the afternoon.  I had a big contraction at 4:30.  Another one at 5:00.  Another one at 5:30.  Tom got home from work.  No big deal.  Tom was actually on the phone with a friend asking about me (Anaise) when the rest hit all at once and I tried walking around while Tom was frosting Emilie's birthday cake... but realized, yep, this is it.  We arranged for rides for Benjamin and Emilie to Wednesday night church activities and Michael stayed home with the rest of the kids.  At this point in my labors, I do not time the contractions, I just note if they slow down again, because there is no time between them. 

So we headed for the hospital.  There is construction all around the hospital entrances, so we parked near the ER entrance and I tried not to stop to breathe through contractions anywhere I could get run over.  Minor detail.  Tom knows when I have to stop walking a lot that we're getting close... the other two times were with Nathanael (9 minute delivery) and Liberty (I arrived ready to deliver...).  So I refused a wheelchair- I wanted to walk.  I think it was nearing 6:30 when we got to L&D.   We got everything going (IV, checked me, I was close...).  My doctor was delivering twins that were almost here... she came and delivered Juliana, and went back and delivered the twins.  Quite a busy evening for her! 

Juliana Faith was born at 6:51 pm, April 11th, 2012.  She weighed 7 lbs 11 oz and was 21 inches long.  She had (has, still, mostly) curly red hair.  Right now it just looks like fuzz, though.  We're happy to have her here and she's already making her personality known.  She's a very calm baby for the most part.  She turned 4 months old yesterday and got her first tooth!  Yikes!







1 comment:

  1. About time! :-) Been waiting for that, I love to hear how your births went. She is a cutie for sure!

    ReplyDelete